The Board of Education met last night at LWC. Highlights from the September 16 meeting include:
- Approval of the 2021-2022 school year budget, totaling $121 million:
- This year’s operating budget includes a 3% surplus as the district continues restoring its reserves.
- The budget includes $3.5 million for building improvements across the district.
- Approval of a School Maintenance Project Grant application, which is a dollar-for-dollar matching program for the maintenance and upkeep of buildings. If awarded, $50,000 of grant money would be used for life-safety updates at LWC.
- Review of the 2021-2022 board goals, as developed by the administrative team.
For more information about these items and other action taken during last night's meeting, visit BoardDocs: https://go.boarddocs.com/il/lw...