Students from Lincoln-Way East High School won top prizes at the 2023 National Leadership Conference of Future Business Leaders of America, Inc. (FBLA), the nation’s largest career and technical student organization focused solely on business. The event, held in Atlanta, Georgia, from June 27 to 30, attracted more than 13,000 middle school and high school students and educators from across the country.
Students also engaged in learning workshops, networked with representatives from more than 60 colleges, universities, and employers, and heard from Jordan Davis, an educational speaker and FBLA alumnus, during the opening ceremony.
Lincoln-Way East had ten students compete at the national conference. Five students placed in the top 15 in the nation! Ire Adelakun and Mohammad Mizyed finished with an impressive 4th place out of more than 200 teams in the nation for their event. The following students were outstanding in their events.
- Gia Bucci, Olivia Lullo, Tim Regan - Business Financial Plan (Top 15)
- Krishna Patel - Business Law
- Sohum Desai, Avery Jones - E Business
- Ire Adelakun, Mohammad Mizyed – Entrepreneurship (4th Place)
- Gabriella Cox - Introduction to Business Communication
- Annie Rogers - Introduction to Business Concepts
All of these students from Lincoln-Way East will bring their knowledge and experiences from the National Leadership Conference to their local chapter. They will hold officer positions in the 2023-24 school year and will mentor future business leaders!