Pupil Personnel Services

Student Support Services


Homebound services for a student who requires temporary special services at home or after hospitalization may be requested. A medical impairment lasting from two weeks to six months must be documented in writing by a physician on a form provided by District 210. The building Special Services Coordinator or PPS Director will arrange for the instruction after the parent or guardian has requested the evaluation and the physician has documented the temporary disability. Requests for services must be reviewed each semester and requires an updated doctor's approval. Parents requesting homebound services should contact the PPS department for the homebound application.


Pupil Personnel Services (PPS) Teams shall coordinate supports for transgender students, gender nonconforming students, and students questioning their gender. Contact the PPS Office for additional information and support.


The McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Act ensures the educational rights and protections of homeless children and youth so that they may enroll in school, attend regularly, and be successful. The legislation requires a local homeless education liaison in every school district to assist children and unaccompanied youth in their efforts to attend school.

McKinney-Vento Homeless Definitions

The law states any student that does not have a fixed, regular, and adequate place to sleep at night qualifies for educational assistance. This includes students and families that stay at a shelter, on the street, in a car or abandoned building. Families that have lost their housing and need to double-up with friends or relatives because they cannot afford their own place also qualify.

McKinney-Vento eligible students have the right to:

  • receive a free, appropriate public education;

  • enroll in school immediately, even if lacking documents normally required for enrollment, or having missed application or enrollment deadlines during any period of homelessness;

  • enroll in school and attend classes while the school gathers needed documents;

  • continue attending the school of origin, or enroll in the local attendance area school if attending the school of origin is not in the best interest of the student or is contrary to the request of the parent, guardian, or unaccompanied youth;

  • receive transportation to and from the school of origin, if requested by the parent or guardian, or by the local liaison on behalf of an unaccompanied youth; and

  • receive educational services comparable to those provided to other students, according to each student’s need.


With your McKinney-Vento eligibility, you must be provided with a written explanation of the district’s intent to dispute. Your school district must also provide you with a list of low-cost or free legal services to assist you during the dispute/appeal process. Once you have received notice that your district has filed for dispute, please contact your regional liaison. In the event of a dispute, your Regional Office of Education or Intermediate Service Center will appoint a mediator. The mediator will set a meeting time that is convenient for you and the school district in an attempt to resolve the dispute. If you do not agree with the decision of the mediator, you can appeal to the Illinois State Board of Education.


Illinois State Board of Education - https://www.isbe.net/homeless

 Children who meet the federal definition of homeless will be provided a free appropriate public education in the same manner as all other students of the District. For more information about services for homeless students and local resources, please contact :

Lincoln-Way 210 District’s Homeless Liaison
Dr. Aimee Feehery, Director of Instruction
815-462-2122 or afeehery@lw210.org.

Central Campus
Ms. Janet Reis, PPS Director
(815) 462-2224 or jreis@lw210.org

East Campus
Mrs. Jeanne Schafer, PPS Director
(815) 464-4155 or jschafer@lw210.org

West Campus
Dr. Holly Pierson, PPS Director
(815) 717-3530 or hpierson@lw210.org


Students who have or who may qualify for a 504 Plan should contact the Associate Principal of Curriculum at their students' school.

Central Campus
Dr. Veronica Shaw, Associate Principal
(815) 462-2172 or vshaw@lw210.org

East Campus
Tim Victor, Associate Principal
(815) 464-4023 or tvictor@lw210.org

West Campus
Dr. Martin Luzzo, Associate Principal
(815) 717-3510 or mluzzo@lw210.org


District 210 Special Education Department offers a continuum of support services for students with Individualized Education Plans (IEP’s). Programs range from support services provided in the general education classroom to special education content for instructional or functional academic needs. In addition to teachers and support staff, social workers, speech and language therapists and psychologists work with students to provide counseling, individualized academic support and case management.


The PPS office offers prevention and wellness presentations and support throughout the school year. Please contact PPS about additional resources and support for students.

 Social, Emotional, and Wellness Resources